Theresa Conroy C-IAYT
Theresa earned her Certification by graduating from two accredited Yoga Therapy Schools and meeting specific criteria for education and experience set by the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Only those who meet those standards may call themselves a Certified Yoga Therapist, or C-IAYT.
Theresa offers specialized online yoga teacher training.
After spending 26 years as a newspaper reporter, Theresa left journalism in 2007 to pursue a career in Yoga Therapy. Since then, her career has reached many significant benchmarks:
- Graduate of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
- Graduate of Inner Peace Yoga Therapy
- Annual recipient of a grant from The Parkinson Council to teach Yoga for PD
- Creator of Teaching Yoga for PD and Teaching Yoga for Special Populations Trainings for Yoga Teachers
- Mentor for Inner Peace Yoga Therapy
- Trained in Adaptive Yoga for Disabilities
- Certified in Yoga for Chronic Pain, Curvy Yoga and Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga
- Semi-finalist in Philadelphia Magazine's Health Hero 2014 Competition
- Creator and director of one of the country's first Yoga Therapy Clinics
- Theresa Conroy Yoga Therapy, a specialized practice offering Yoga Therapy in private sessions and small group classes.
- Named one of Philadelphia’s Top 10 Yoga Instructors
She also speaks French and is a Certified Beer Judge. In 2008, she and her husband Don Russell (Beer Reporter Joe Sixpack) created America's first yoga + beer event, Happy Hour Yoga.
About the photos
The photos on these pages were made during my Yoga for Parkinson’s class by Rebecca Barger.
Dr. Tsao-Wei Liang, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
"I have referred several patients to Theresa Conroy for Yoga Therapy and have witnessed these benefits first hand."