Theresa Conroy C-IAYT
Yoga Therapist and Instructor
Theresa earned her Certification by graduating from two accredited Yoga Therapy Schools and meeting specific criteria for education and experience set by the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
After spending 26 years as a newspaper reporter, Theresa left journalism in 2007 to pursue a career in Yoga Therapy. Since then, her career has reached many significant benchmarks:
- Graduate of Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
- Graduate of Inner Peace Yoga Therapy
- Annual recipient of a grant from The Parkinson Council to teach Yoga for PD
- Creator of Teaching Yoga for PD, Teaching Yoga for Special Populations and Yoga for Neurological Disorders training courses for yoga teachers
- Faculty member and mentor for Inner Peace Yoga Therapy
- Trained in Adaptive Yoga for Disabilities
- Certified in Yoga for Chronic Pain, Curvy Yoga and Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga
- Semi-finalist in Philadelphia Magazine’s Health Hero 2014 Competition
- Creator and director of one of the country’s first Yoga Therapy Clinics
- Named one of Philadelphia’s Top 10 Yoga Instructors
She is a graduate of Temple University. She also speaks French and is a Certified Beer Judge. In 2008, she and her husband Don Russell (Beer Reporter and TV host Joe Sixpack) created America’s first yoga + beer event, Happy Hour Yoga.
The most moving and exhilarating thing I’ve ever witnessed was a man with the uncontrollable tremors and limiting movement of Parkinson’s Disease stand up from a chair with ease, and walk forward, smiling with accomplishment.
This is why I teach yoga.
More about theresa conroy
The Power to Transform: Theresa’s journey.
How Theresa Conroy took the big leap, from a successful career as a hard-bitten tabloid newspaper reporter to an innovative yoga instructor.
The first complete textbook for yoga therapy training programs that aligns with IAYT competencies, with a chapter by Theresa Conroy
Theresa Conroy featured in “Words of Wisdom From 10 Women Who Quit Their Jobs to Follow Their Dreams”