Welcome to Yoga for Parkinson’s Online Teacher Training
Are you interested in welcoming people with Parkinson’s Disease into your group or private practice? Do you have a client with PD?
This self-paced online course provides basic training for yoga teachers, therapists and other healthcare professionals who are eager to broaden their practices to work with clients and others with Parkinson’s Disease. It is intended for those with knowledge of yoga–its poses and how they improve mind, body and well-being.
Instruction includes lessons on:
- Parkinson’s Disease and its symptoms.
- The science of yoga’s benefits for those with Parkinson’s.
- How to modify and adapt your group and private classes.
- How to develop and market your own PD-focused practice.
If you have Parkinson’s Disease, you may benefit from the knowledge shared here. However, I highly recommend that you practice under the guidance of a certified yoga therapist. You can find a certified Yoga for Parkinson’s teacher here.
Upon enrollment, you’ll receive an email with logon information that provides lifetime access to the information and lessons on this site.
Theresa Conroy is a Certified Yoga Therapist and a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. She has worked closely with healthcare professionals and The Parkinson’s Council for more than a decade to develop and fine-tune her Yoga for PD classes.
- Basic training in Yoga for Parkinson’s.
- Self-paced – can be completed in 1 day.